Monday, April 2, 2012

You Only Live Once

I know it's a joke. I know it's just for fun. I know I'll probably take some backlash for this because of those two reasons alone. However it's something I feel too strongly about to not bring up, especially when I have an identical notion imprinted on my back. Do you realize how you come off when you intentionally do something ignorant and then scream YOLO? Behavior such as this should not be tolerated or condoned on any level. You have one damn life. Live it. Don't waste it away finding every excuse you can to act like a fool and lead mindless parades of people to do the very same. To the people who actually do go around with obnoxious intentions, I would really love to know what's going on in your mind, and no I'm not being sarcastic. Just take a few seconds and realize what life would be like if something happened to your best friend, or a family member, or a significant other. Would YOLO mean something different then? Nothing about this is pessimistic. I'm not saying something will happen, I'm saying that something will happen eventually because everyone moves on, and why not appreciate every little moment of life? Life is beautiful, but what you people are doing to it is very very ugly. "Fun is the end result of hard work, everything else is cheap entertainment. Is cheap entertainment important? Yes, within limitations." To those who know that quote, I already know you understand it to its full meaning. To those of you who don't, learn it, know it, understand it. Carrying out a foolish actions and then screaming YOLO afterwords to give an unjust action any justification at all is cheap entertainment. Have fun. Real fun. Put the time and effort into life and get something back for it. Make someone's day, write a paper, learn an instrument, save a friendship, and please dear god know your limitations. Trust me, it's a lot more satisfying than running around like a wild banshee just begging to be put into a daycare program. You only live once so live and let live. Quit mocking those you actually seek life, a true existence. Appreciate the little things in life, and then appreciate the moments that are even smaller than that. It's not just a lyric, but something much more. Unfortunately for humanity, a bunch of rather unintelligent people misinterpreted the meaning entirely. They decided to use it as an excuse for ignorance and not a lesson to appreciate. If you don't understand this, then I send my deepest apology your way. Life is not one big blob of existence. It is orchestrated of billions and billions of very minuscule moments all leading our individual souls on one magnificent journey. Without an appreciation for each moment, life is rendered meaningless. Don't do that to yourself... why would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment