Monday, April 23, 2012

#1 Fan

It's funny. I've encountered two very different species of human beings over the last few months. One, being the positive, the other being the negative. For awhile however I was surrounded by only the negative. Because I was surrounded by a lack of diversity of thoughts and opinions, it became almost impossible for me to see the world through any other perspective. Being put last on someone's priority list certainly doesn't feel good. However being the only other perspective other than my own, I believed it with every bit of my soul. I believed that my mere existence was less important than schooling, working, being social.... the list goes on. While this naturally put me in quite the depression because my spirit and soul were consistently being degraded, I also buckled down and went to work. I reread one of my posts from back in November and I had said that I had a lot inside of me, but nothing to show for it. It makes me happy now because I have quite a bit to show for it now, and it's only been a few months since then. The big difference between now and then is that I have people around me that support what I do, on such a level that they want to be a part of it themselves. These are the positive people. These are the people that need to clone themselves to make the world a better place. I am also blessed because I got the chance to see both ends of it. Being so unappreciated allows me to appreciate the appreciation that is being shot my way these days. It's still kind of humorous to me at how fast it all happened. At one point sitting around watching tv was more important than helping me out a job that was previously agreed upon. Now my current surroundings are truly supporting me. People are truly taking their own personal time to just to have my back, and the best part of it is, is that it's not because they want to have my back, but it's because they actually like what I'm doing. Instead of being thrown on the back burner, people are driving for hours, skipping art classes, skipping school classes, asking to be involved themselves, and it makes me feel like I actually matter. I am also well aware of the fact that nothing I produce is as good as it can be, and by that I mean that every aspect of my life right now is a work in progress. So when somebody likes something of mine, I'm honored because they either like it at its current state, or what they think it will eventually become, leading me to believe that they have invested a great deal of trust in me to do something with it. It's such a weird feeling to be around someone who doesn't care about the big achievements in my life, the highlights, the best of the best, and then to be around people who care about every little detail... some of my bizarre ideas, what I'm doing at every single moment, what I had for lunch, if I even had lunch. What constantly runs through my mind, is how people can care so little about someone. That's not what this world is for. This world was made so that we can interact, and support, and love. Everyone should be everyone else's #1 fan. Taking our own time to support those we love, as well as those we do not is crucial. Everyone deserves to feel loved, to feel cared about, and to feel important.

We are all important.

I firmly believe that even if somebody is not doing something that is anything spectacular quite yet, the impression of interest along with a little encouragement will go a long way, and could really make something special. You never know what might turn into something great. That being said, there is no point in putting people down and making them feel bad. There is no room for hate. There is no room for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment