Monday, April 23, 2012

Ancora

wait. before you read. listen to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdSMZTSRQNc
okay now read...

I'm about a month away from being able to play out. Once I knock down Ancora I will have a set list of about an hour long and I can extend it whenever I please. When I do it'll be a weird vindication for me. I'll be playing along while people talk, or eat dinner, or do whatever else they are doing. It's rare that a pianist gets paid attention to in these settings. Typically deemed as background music, but I think it'll be rather symbolic of my life. I think there's a lot to me, and a lot inside of me, without many or even anybody seeing it. So while I'm playing everything that's inside of me, I will continue to be ignored. While it obviously hurts, I think I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit. It'll almost be like a secret with myself that only I know what I am playing while everybody else remains oblivious. That connection with oneself is very important to me. Some might think it's weird but I always talk to myself and make jokes with myself, ones that only I can understand. This will just be one of those jokes. Very stoked about the potential of this being a summer job.

Possible set list:

Opening - Phillip Glass
Monday - Ludovico Einaudi
Human Qualities - Explosions In The Sky
Nuvole Bianche - Ludovico Einaudi
Fly - Ludovico Einaudi
Arctic Light - Marika Takeuchi
Ritonnare - Ludovico Einaudi
Avril 14th - Aphex Twin
Oltremare - Ludovico Einaudi
I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Raitt (Bon Iver Version)
Divinere - Ludovico Einaudi
Nanou 2 - Aphex Twin
Ancora - Ludovico Einaudi
Facades - Phillip Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment