Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Before Long.

wrote a song about you know who called 'before long' this past week. love how it came out and slaved over the lyrics because i really wanted it to capture everything that i'm feeling and going through. its mainly a conversation with myself along with some advice people have been giving me and how she reacted to some shit. hopefully we'll preform it in a few weeks or so and i can NOT wait until then. i can only express what is inside of me, and unfortunately at the current moment it is raw heartbreak. hope you enjoy, hope you can't relate.


Get up off the floor my boy, there's so much of the world you've yet to see.

I know there's nothing I can say to make the pain all go away, you're just like me.

Got a heart bigger than all of New York City, like broken glass in a world of self-pity and I can't stand to see you like this anymore.

So take your hands and roll the dice, stay steady through the tunnel so you can see the light once more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Chorus)
If you're going through hell, just keep on going.

There's nothing you can do but you gotta' stay knowing,

That it's darkest before the dawn.

You have the strength to carry on.

She may never even hear this song.

But she'll realize what she's abandoned before long.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call me optimistic, maybe slightly unrealistic, but I do believe.

Had our ups and downs, I know our smiles turned to frowns, but you said you'd never leave.

No appreciation for my endless dedication that I gave to you.

All I ask is that I get another chance to repay my dues.

(Chorus)

She said "I can't do this anymore", slammed the door and ran away, tossed the bouquet into my face, cut the ties beneath the lies, dug into my soul and chased away the butterflies.

Couldn't even hear my cries, some nights I wanna lay in bed and die beneath the ceilings, so fuck these finer feelings, my heart she is not healing...

(Chorus)

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment