Sunday, November 27, 2011

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple.

This one pisses me off. Let's get one thing straight. No pun intended. I am a male. I have a girlfriend who I love ever so much. Not once in my life have I ever been attracted to a male being. I grow rather larger beards on occasion. I am as straight as they come. Yet for some reason I get rather strange looks when I support gay rights or anything else that involves LGBT rights. It should not be weird for one to support them. If anything they do makes you uncomfortable then you freakin deserve to be uncomfortable. (As long as it is not past the point of blatantly offending someone). Who the flying fuck are you to say that these people can love who they want to love? Take a moment and try their shoes on for a bit and see how that feels. To the bible thumpers, I'm not attacking you. I want you to maintain your beliefs, but to try and inflict others with your same beliefs is so wrong. To influence the law in such a way where it is frowned upon for people in this world to love who they love makes me want to vomit. It's practically ethnocentric and has no place in this world. Too many people are judgmental in the worst of ways. People need to see the world from an outside perspective and not always be so self-centered. They need to consider the fact that they too can be wrong and accept the possibility that their way might not always be the best way. The sooner they realize this, the faster this world can change for the better. When people call me a "faggot" or "gay" for wearing a woman's watch, or woman's hairbands on my wrist, or skinny jeans, I don't react. They don't deserve a reaction from me. For they are promoting hate, when all I want to do is promote love in the truest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment