Saturday, January 14, 2012

Break.

Instead of hanging out with all my old high school friends over winter break, I ended up getting left out of anything and everything they did because of some of the things I believe in and how I go about to live my life. Instead of drinking and partying every night and being... "social", i spent anywhere from 2-8 hours a day playing piano getting lost in the music and finding a lot of peace. At the end of the day, I don't need friends, and I don't need family, for music will provide all the love I need. The sense of creativity inside of me is growing strong with time and it's the best feeling in the world. The journey to find out what else is inside of me continues. What makes me happiest of all is that, while not many people appreciate what I am doing, there are those that I can share this creativity with, that do get it, as I do. Those are the people that I truly love and will be friends for life with. To share this sort of spark and inspiration is the whole meaning behind it to begin with. For this, I'm thankful. For them, I'm thankful. There will be more of these up pretty soon, but for now, this is where I've been and what I've been doing and working on for the past month. Well... not just this but this is one of a few and easily one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ltdHfb-UU&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. "...I don't need friends, and I don't need family..."

    I think you'll rethink that one in the future. :)

    But I get what you mean; it's good to take break, especially when it gives you a chance to get lost in something you're passionate about.

    Anyway, loved the video - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man!
    as far as the "...I don't need friends, and I don't need family..." it's an easy misunderstanding. what i was trying to get at was that the only emotion i need fulfilled in my life to be happy is to have a sense of love. because i can get that through music i don't need anything else. and sometimes that's the only place i do feel that sense of love. i will never take for granted either my friends, girlfriend or family though. they are all the world to me.

    ReplyDelete